Let’s face it, product pages are boring. But every business out there needs to have a product page.
You’re no exception. You need a page where you can show your books and you can convince a reader to buy your books that you’ve worked so hard to write.
Your product pages are your book pages. The pages where you are trying to sell your books.
And as a romance reader, I can say, your pages are horrible. They don’t excite me or persuade me into buying your books.
As a reader, I want more.
As a copywriter, I want to help you give your readers more!!!
3 pieces of a well-designed book page
For many this is going to be a new idea.
But as an author, you can’t hide behind your books anymore. Your readers want to know more about your book, more about your characters and more about you.
Your readers crave more information!!
Let’s start with…
What you put on your pages is important.
You need several things to make it work.
- High resolution images of your book covers, as well as any other pics you added.
- Background colors that are neutral help your book covers to stand out.
- Easy navigation to buy your book.
Give your readers more and they will pay you back by sharing your stuff all across social media!
How you add details is just as important as what you add
Keep these in mind as you write your page.
- Headlines and subheads. These help your reader to know exactly what they are buying but also helps search engines to know too.
- Keywords and phrases. While your readers may know what your book is called, you need to guide the search engines to the right spot. Identify your keywords to Google to help your book pages be found easier.
- Product description. Using keywords and phrases that you want the search engines to use to find your book.
- Call-to-Actions. Your reader needs to be guided to the next step. Give them clear instructions in your CTAs.
The role of copywriting is to convince your website reader to do a particular action. To persuade them to do something.
On your book page you need to persuade your readers to buy your book. The best way of doing that is by giving them the WHY. Why they should buy your book? Why should they care about your books? Why your books are a better read than another author!
When you tell your reader the why, you are sharing the benefits that they will get when they read your book. They may be all intangible benefits, but the benefits are very real!!
There are several things that you can do to help your page.
Use headlines and keywords. This helps the search engines find you and will help your readers find you.
Informative copy will further convince your readers that your books are wonderful.
Additional product info will help you help them.
You can also give additional downloadable gifts that can convince your readers to buy, maybe even buy more.
Selling your books is the ultimate purpose of your whole site, with the book page being the one page that should finally persuade your readers.
Your friend in romance,